Many transit properties are choosing to hold onto their buses longer to meet tight budgets.
In fact, the Environmental Protection Agency reports that more than half of today’s transit buses have been in service for more than 10 years.
There is no doubt that bus seats take a beating, and often they show it.
Contact Union County Seating and discover how we can help your company save money, and upgrade your seating.
Bus Operator Seat Options:
- Upholstery: Custom seat upholstery options available with customer specified material. Docket 90A Compliant materials and Silicone Bottom Cushion also available.
- Seat Belts: Shoulder belts are available in different colors.
- Fire/Smoke-Resistant Available in Docket 90A compliant and CFR 49 238. 103 configurations
- Armrests: Front adjustable, flip-up armrests adjust relative to the backrests position and can be flipped out of the way.
- Recline Limit Stops: The backrests recline is adjustable to suit any vehicle configuration or can be removed entirely.
- Side Bolster: Adjustable side bolsters
G2 Driver Suspension Seats:
Engineered for maximum comfort and safety with a durable Pendulum Scissors System.
USSC’s Evolution G2 suspension seats are ergonomically designed to help reduce day-to-day driver fatigue and stress. The structural integrity built into each seat acts as a secondary suspension and greatly dampens erratic movements caused by varying road surfaces.
Design options include a wide variety of custom seat and suspension choices catering to your customer’s immediate and long-term needs.
- Lumbar Support: A multi-chamber back support is provided with independently controlled air bags precisely positioned in the lumbar region.
- Air Seat Cushion Tilt: Acting as a secondary suspension, the air tilt system lifts the full length of the seat pan and cushion, keeping full support where needed.
- Pendulum Scissors System: This transit and off-road proven robust system provides durability for extreme-use, multiple-driver environments and has a 650 lb lift capacity.
- Seat Adjustment Console: ergonomically located for easy access and use.
- Integrated Seat Belts: Both 2 and 3 pt. seat belts are mounted directly to the seat frame and move with the seat, providing a completely integrated restrained system.
- Bilateral Adjustments: All adjustment mechanisms engage on both sides of the seat – distributing loads equally between both sides of the suspension, preventing lateral torque, minimizing maintenance, and increasing seat life.